FiveRivers Technologies Privacy Statement
Last Updated: March 29, 2021
FiveRivers, Technologies Pvt Ltd. (“FiveRivers”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is processed fairly and lawfully in line with all relevant privacy legislation. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to set out the principles governing our use of personal information that we may obtain about you through this website (the “Site”) and in connection with the provision of our services (the “Services”). By using this Site, you agree to our use of the personal information that we obtain about you.
We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement carefully. We may change our Privacy Statement from time to time. We therefore ask you to check it occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this Site.
What Information about you may be collected?
- You may give us personal information by visiting or interacting with the Site, filling in forms on the Site, interacting with our Services, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. The personal information you give us may include your name, company, mailing address, email address, phone number, country, resume information, feedback and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to the Site. Anonymous information refers to information that does not and will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g., aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide you with a better experience using our Sites
- The Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. These third parties may ask you for your consent to the collection of your sensitive personal information, such as when you submit an online job application. We do not control these third parties and are not responsible for their privacy policies. However, if your sensitive personal information is transferred to us from a third party, we may rely on your consent to the collection of personal information given to the third party for our processing.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to continuously improve our products and services. Google Analytics is used as described in Google’s guide below; How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services – Privacy & Terms – Google. Google Analytics helps us understand how our products, websites, and services are used, which features are used the most, and where problems arise in the usability or functionality. This helps us identify opportunities for improving our software and services. You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data on websites by installing the opt-out browser add-on provided by Google Analytics. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page
Why do we collect your Information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data to:
- Provide you with the products, services and information that you may have requested
- Manage and maintain our relationship with you, including responding to an inquiry, question or comment made by you and providing you with other customer support.
- Develop and improve our Sites, our products, services and marketing activities.
- Inform you of our new products, services and events that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages via email, SMS, phone, post and/or other similar communications means. (If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive.)
- Prevent and detect unlawful behavior, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending us in case of legal disputes.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Who do we share your information with?
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or third parties.
- Trusted Third Parties: FiveRivers uses trusted third parties (i.e. IT services, analytics services, etc.) to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our Site and our Services. These third parties will access your information only to perform tasks on our behalf in compliance with this Privacy Statement, and we’ll remain responsible for their handling of your information per our instructions.
- Third parties to meet applicable legal requirements: We may need to disclose your personal information to a third party if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or the decision of a judicial authority, a public authority or a government body, or if disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other public interest.
- Business partners: We will disclose your personal information to our business partners if it is necessary for providing products and services to you, such as for certain software and related services.
- Third parties in connection with a business sale: If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business/asset transfer, we may transfer your personal information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other applications and third-party links. The Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. Please remember that their use of your personal information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
How long do we keep your information?
- Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable laws, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How do we protect your information?
- We only process personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. We review the personal data we hold on a regular basis to ensure it is being lawfully processed.
- Before transferring personal data to any third party (e.g. suppliers, partners and back office support), we establish that there is a legal reason for making the transfer, which may include your consent.
- FiveRivers implements appropriate security measures designed to prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal information and accidental loss of or damage to personal information. The data collected via our Site is stored in a secure server with our ISP who will take periodic backups of such data.
Your rights – individuals in the European Union
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have certain rights with respect to the access, correction, restriction, and erasure of your personal information stored on our platform at any time. You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Your rights include the following:
- Accessing your data. Upon request, we shall provide any information relating to your data and our processing of your data in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. The information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means within 30 days of a written request.
- Correcting your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data on our platform. If we have given your personal data to any third parties, we will notify those third parties that FiveRivers has received a request to rectify your personal data, unless doing so proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, we are not in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
- Erasing your data. You can ask us to erase your personal data stored on our platform. If we receive a request to erase your data, we will ask you if you want your personal data to be removed entirely or if you want to be kept on a list of individuals who do not want to be contacted in the future (for a specified period or otherwise). We cannot keep a record of individuals whose data we have erased so you may be contacted again by us, should we come into possession of your personal data at a later date.
If we have given your personal data to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that FiveRivers has received a request to erase your personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, FiveRivers will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
Restricting the use of your data. We only process your personal data where we have the legal basis for doing so. You have the right to ask us to suspend or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data where:
- You challenge the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you want us to hold it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
If we have given the personal data to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that we have received a request to restrict the use of your personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, we will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
Withdrawing your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example consent to receive marketing) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain Services or services to you.
Your rights – individuals outside the European Union
Accessing Account Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Record of Data Transfer. FiveRivers will provide the right to request and receive, once a year and free of charge, information about third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) about you for our direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com and please include the phrase “Personal Information Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California Online Privacy Protection Act. As required by the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code, this Privacy Statement identifies the categories of personally identifiable information (as that term is defined above and in the California Act) that we collect through our Site about individual consumers who use or visit our Site and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared. See more about the California Act at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). You have the right to request, twice a year and free of charge, certain information about parties to whom we have disclosed or sold your personal information in the prior calendar year and a description of the categories of personal information shared. Additionally, upon request, twice a year and free of charge, we shall provide to you any information relating to your personal information and our processing of your personal information in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include the phrase “Personal Information Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. You can also ask us to delete your personal data stored on our platform. If we receive a request to delete your data, we will ask you if you want your personal information to be removed entirely or if you want to be kept on a list of individuals who do not want to be contacted in the future (for a specified period or otherwise). We cannot keep a record of individuals whose personal information we have deleted so you may be contacted again by us, should we come into possession of your personal information at a later date. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, FiveRivers will not discriminate against you. You may use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Requests to know and requests to delete will be honored within 45 days; if more time is needed to respond, FiveRivers will notify you.
FiveRivers has collected, will collect and has disclosed the personal information described in the categories below during the last year for business purposes; however, FiveRivers does not sell your personal information.
- Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, job title, phone number, country, social media information, browser language, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, and bank account number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Commercial information. Records of personal property, Services or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Where we store and transfer your data?
The Site is controlled by FiveRivers from its offices in Lahore, Pakistan. FiveRivers may store and use information in Pakistan and other jurisdictions; any personal data provided to FiveRivers will be transmitted to or within those jurisdictions. FiveRivers also may transfer information and personal data to other jurisdictions to facilitate FiveRivers’s third party processors’ access to and/or processing of information and/or personal data.
Individuals in the EU. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it as in the EEA by using specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
FiveRivers makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Have questions or concerns about our Site, Services or Privacy Statement? Contact us at email@example.com